Tuesday, May 20, 2008

PACKRAT - Another Name for Fun

So at the end of our first year of Physician Assistant School, they require us to take a national test (PACKRAT is what they call it) to determine our level of knowledge that we have acquired throughout the year. Today was the big day. After months of preparing, and hundreds of dollars later spent on study guides, I took my three hour long exam. We don't get the results back until later today, so i can't tell you how I did. But I can tell you that that was a pretty tough exam...I surprised myself with the things I knew and was surprised at the things I thought I knew but may not have.
It is an exciting day as it means the end of my first year of school. I start my clinical rotations in less then two weeks...seeing patients and learning more. I have great rotations set up, thanks to my fabulous clinical coordinators, and am sure I will have a fun time, albeit exhausting!
I think the family will be glad that today is overwith, as they haven;t seen too much of me lately owing to the incredible amount of studying that I have been doing lately.
Anyway, just thought I would update all of you, it's not that i don't think about blogging, its more that i haven't had the time.
I will keep you posted on my rotations and family life over the summer as much as i can, with all my non-existant spare time ;)
Tata for now!

3 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Best of luck with your exam results - make sure you post them. I don't want to have to wait another 4 months for your next blog post to find out :)

Tara Marie said...

Congratulations for a year down and at test taken. Hoping for wonderful results and I'm looking forward to hearing how your clinical rotations go.

Mike said...

Kid, you're goin' places!