Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Waiting.....



Miss Amanda has a new routine for getting ready for school in the mornings. She has the habit of getting up, dressed, teeth brushed, hair done...all rather quickly while trying to run to the gate to go down stairs. I hurry up and get all the other kiddos and myself dressed cuz Peanut is banging down the gate...trowing things down like shoes or brushes, trying to make us all move a little faster. Once we make it down stairs, she heads to the kitchen to stand in front of the fridge and 'Uh, uh...Uh" pointing at the fridge. What could she possibly want from there...I know she's hungry, but every morning, without fail...I know she looks so deprived ;) Anyway, I open the fridge and she trys to climb in there. The funny thing is that the door almost closes with her in it...we have to really be careful. What does she want? Of course we can't forget her lunch box! She hauls it out, and practically runs to the front door where she stands, waiting to go to school.

In fact, she gets really REALLY mad when I take her back to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Funny girl, she just loves school so much that she can't wait to get back!

I cannot tell you how relieved I am! She is my first kid who has gone to school without putting up fights, tears and tantrums. This I can handle...this ready to go NOW!

I wonder how she will react when I tell her she can't go to school tomorrow? She is not going to like me.

Ironically, my Elle, is quite the opposite, begging to stay home, even feigning sickness to stay home...I'll take the 'I'm waiting, hurry up mommy" Any day.

Now if only she would TELL me that she wanted to go..... ;) I guess we have something speech can work on...
And it is really REALLY important that we not forget her special pink with stripes lunch box.
She carries it into school like a badge of honor. Even "shopping" with it in school. My little one takes her shopping cart complete with said "purse" and shops her way to eat her morning snack after stopping to share a toy or two with one of her new friends.
Ahhh...behold the power of pink!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful. I sure hope Elainah likes school next fall, that would be fabulous.

The Mom said...

Awwww - how wonderful is that! I can only wish my cute boy was as dedicated :) He likes school, but not enough to get himself dressed and grab his lunchbox and wait :) Hope Amanda makes it through summer vacation - hee hee!

She is darling!

Belovedlife said...

Rebecca - thanks, we think so...of course we are only a little biased ;)

mum2brady - I WISH she would dress herself...alas I get her dressed, i guess we can give OT another chore....she does brush her teeth anddoes grab her lunch box.....

L. Noelle said...

wow! What a Beautiful Big Girl!!!! Thanks for all the comments on my blog! I loved hearing from you! Please add my link to your blog if you like! Thanks again! Noelle

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's adorable! How funny that she can't get there fast enough! My 10 year old loves school too, summer vacation is like torture for her. LOL. Although she's not running us over to get back. Very cute!

Kacey Bode said...

I love the pigtails!! That is so great that she is so excited to go to school!! I love that she starts throwing things to get you guys to hurry up, very funny!

Belovedlife said...

I, noelle - thank you..I enjoyed stopping in at your blog too. Feel free to link to me too.

Flip Flop Mama - She has a couple of weeks of shool this summer so that should ease us in and out of school, less fighting, I hope.

Kacey bode - yes, she has a 4 year old brother, can you tell from the habits she has picked up ;)