Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorable Memorial Day

Hi there everyone! Peanut is so glad you stopped in to see how our weekend was. She hopes, as we do, that you had a great weekend too.
This weekend on Memorial Day we had my parents and siblings over for a big BBQ. We had the cows running for the hills (my apologies to any vegetarians out there). We had ribs, burgers, hot dogs, steaks of everykind imaginable. Lots of MEAT. Funny thing is my youngest sister is a supposed vegetarian...she ate lots of meat, I guess everyone needs a vacation every now and again.

The boys got up early to go fishing on Sunday (see my husbands post on his blog, called Gone fishing : http://downsyndromelife.blogspot.com/search/label/Fishing

We girls stayed home and hung out cleaning house,doing laundry, and shopping, of course!

Peanut cooled off with an ice cream cone, and polished the whole thing off on her own, no assistance needed..now that's MY girl! She signed ice cream, and then signed please! What a polite little girl I have. Funny thing is that when she was doen eating her cone, what does she sign..."MORE" of course!


She ate it so nicely, with little spillage...can you tell who has been in therapy for too long? I gues that kinda comes with the whole package. I wonder If I can apply for that honorary masters in OT, PT, DV and speech...wouldn't that be nice? I'm sure anyone with a child with special needs feel that they too should get an honorary degree in whatever specialty that they have had contact with...let's start a movement...all for it say 'aye"....

After the ice cream, it was time to cool off in the pool of course. Siblings James and Ellie enjoyed too...of course Alistair is hanging out in the background, as usual, trying to make his way over...he is getting so close to moving. At 5 months I am amazed as Peanut did all this later. You forget when and how quickly they do things...

Hope you hade a great weekend. We did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend! We did too, swimming and a cookout. a lot of fun!

L. Noelle said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!

jotcr2 said...

aye!