Saturday, October 01, 2005

All Clear

On Friday we went to the hospital (see it seems I'm there to often) to test for Hirschsprungs. They did a barium enema. Poor child, Peanut screamed bloody murder the entire procedure; of course I don't blame her, it didn't look very pleasant. The good news is that it doesn't appear to be Hirschrpungs at all. Instead it is most likely a fluid issue, although we will be consulting with GI once more before the difinitive diagnosis. Whew! What a relief! I was so worried they'd come back with a surgical consult....you have no idea how glad I am that it wasn't necessary. Anyway, with that off my shoulders I can relax this week and just enjoy lifes little gifts. Like my son deciding to remove his diaper the minute he poops because he is uncomfortable, yet won't do his business in the potty. What exciting times it is in the life of a three year old.

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

That is great news, about the Hirschsprung's absence.

Re your son: it's always something. :-)